Monday, June 15, 2015

SIX!

On Wednesday, my nurse called to inform me that only four of our embryos had made it to blast on day five and were frozen. I was pretty sad. She said they were going to let the rest continue to grow to day six, just to see what would happen but she didn't sound very optimistic.

Four is under the projected average for my age. Four means only two FETs. These four are our only shot. We can't afford another round of IVF, this was our only chance.

Thankfully, my nurse called back on Thursday morning and said that two more had made it to blast over night and were frozen that morning. PHEW! I don't know why I am so relieved by six instead of four but I am. I am so happy with our six!

The only thing I am unhappy about is that we have never spoken to the embryologist and we have to wait until my baseline appointment, after I get my period (hopefully today) before we find out the grades and quality of our frozen little peanuts.

But for now, I am reveling in our six and hoping that these cramps mean AF will be here ASAP.

5 comments:

  1. Six is wonderful!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your six!!! Hopefully one of them will be your take home baby (hopefully one from your first transfer!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to keep you (and your SIX!) in my T&Ps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six is absolutely fantastic! I pray that your baby (babies!!!) is in there!

    ReplyDelete