Tuesday, June 9, 2015

10 Little Peanuts

I wanted to blog right after ER and all weekend but this OHSS is no joke, ya’ll. I have barely been able to move and have been in some serious pain, even while on pain meds. But right now, I can finally sit up for about a half hour at a time so I thought I’d take this time to get an update up!

Friday, ER DAY!  Doc came in before our ER and very cutely rubbed my leg while he told us the risk of OHSS is too high to do a 5 day embryo transfer. He said we needed to do a freeze all but promised that I could do my FET the very next cycle. I cried, DH consoled and they shoved the IV in my arm and knocked me out. J 45 minutes later, they were done and we had 21 beautiful eggies.
On Saturday we got the call that of those 21, only 15 were mature (probably due to the fact that I had a 5000 iu trigger, rather than a 10,000 iu trigger due to my OHSS). Of those 15, all were fertilized with ICSI but only 11 fertilized normally. I was sad for the loss of our four.

Yesterday, we got the call that we still have 11 peanuts but that one of them is a slow grower and it doesn’t look good. So for now, we have 10 beautiful little embabies, growing away. We will get another call on Wednesday afternoon, after the freeze, with our final total.

When my nurse calls, she said she’ll set up a phone consult with the doctor for Thursday and he’ll go over all the grades and we’ll discuss my FET and how many we will transfer. Right now, we are set on two but if quality is an issue, we will transfer up to three, unless my doc can make a compelling case as to why it would be beneficial to transfer more. Hopefully, we have quality on our side and will just be able to stick with two.


I was pretty devastated that I don’t get to reunite with my embabies tomorrow as planned but I’m still so uncomfortable, the idea of a full bladder right now is terrifying so I know it’s for the best. 

7 comments:

  1. I can imagine it was disappointing but I am so very happy to hear you have 11 as of now!!! This is wonderful news!! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 is great! Hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your 10/11 embabies!! Hoping for a great fert report tomorrow and keeping my FX that one/two of those will be a take home baby in another 10 months!

    Rest up and recover! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so hopeful for you. And I remember just how awful OHSS was so I really feel for you. Hope you're feeling better. FX and much love as always!!

    ReplyDelete