Thursday, April 16, 2015

And We're Off!

AF arrived on Tuesday, a bit earlier than expected, but I wasn't temping this month so I didn't know for sure when I ovulated. I called my nurse and realized as it was ringing that they close at 4 on Mondays and it was (of course) 4:02. So, I left a message and was shocked when she called back a little while later.

I expected to have to go in for an STD panel but was happily surprised when she said that since we just had it done in July, they were going to let us skip it :) Yay! She called in my prescription for BCPs which I am starting today and got me all set up for an SIS, financial consult and calendar overview next Tuesday. The ball is officially rolling, folks!

I wish I could say I am excited but I am not. Now, I am plagued with worry and what ifs. I am excited to be able to join the IVF checkins. I am excited to be moving forward. But I am have this little voice in my head that keeps saying, what if you get a cyst? What if no eggs are retrieved or what if a ton are retrieved but none of them fertilize or none of them make it to 3dt or they make it to 3dt and we decide to wait til 5dt and they all arrest?

I am sure this worry is normal. I have heard many of you express the same concerns. It's scary to do something this big (and this expensive).

DH has a weird calm. He is certain that it is going to work. Absolutely positive. With all of our IUIs he would say: well, babe, if it happens it happens. But not this time. This time he talks about it as if it's a sure thing. At least one of us is feeling excited!

3 comments:

  1. ((Hugs)) Hoping that everything goes smoothly for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally normal! I'm KMFX it all goes smoothly!! Try and stay positive!! I do believe it helps!!

    ReplyDelete