Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Healthy Eggies

Lately I have been making some big changes in my life to help my body produce better eggs. I figure that while we are saving for IVF, I need to do something and I definitely want to go into our first IVF cycle knowing that I did everything I could to contribute to a successful outcome. This all began when I read, "It Starts with the Egg." There were tons of things I didn't know about egg development and I am thankful the book was recommended to me by a friend.

Since reading the book, we have eliminated all plastic cups and food storage containers, changed all of our cleaning products, changed all of our personal care products including makeup, soap, shampoo and deodorant and changed our diet. I'm also taking the right kind of CoQ10 in addition to my PNVs and Pregnitude.

Overall, the changes haven't been too hard, changing our diet meant learning a lot of new recipes but that is actually fun. The only real challenge I have had is with Shampoo. I went super crunchy and in an attempt to save money, I bought castille soap online and made my own shampoo. I do not recommend this. My hair was ok after the first washing and I figured it wasn't a big deal. I could handle it. I could not. After the second washing, my hair felt coated in wax. By the third washing, it was a waxy tangled mess. If I had short hair, I could probably get away with it but my hair is very long, down to the middle of my back long and my castile soap shampoo was not gonna work. So, I ordered some Burt's Bees shampoo and it is much better. My mom promised me some honest company stuff for my birthday too so I'll have that as an alternative.

I'm on my way to making good eggies for IVF. Even if these changes don't make a huge difference, at least I'll know I did everything I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment