Thursday, July 24, 2014

Better

Wow! I am so appreciative of all the thoughtful and compassionate responses I received on my last post. You ladies are awesome and knowing that other people have the same frustrations or feel the same way, sometimes, helps me feel so much less alone. Your comforting words really mean a lot to me.

Due to all the awesome comments and my attempt to change my ways of thinking, I am doing better today. I am still sad and frustrated but at least I don't feel like the world is falling in on me!

DH received a phone call from his Uncle today, with whom he doesn't speak that often. His Aunt and Uncle never had children and have never said why (until this phone call) but apparently they dealt with IF and ended up deciding to live child free after all the treatments they tried didn't work. DH said they talked a lot about how stressful it is to be a supportive husband in this situation and while DH didn't go into a lot of details, he gave me a big hug out of no where this afternoon which I think was related to their talk. Since all of our friends have children, DH doesn't have any guy friends who can relate to our situation. The call from his Uncle was a Godsend, it was totally unexpected and thoughtful and really lifted his spirits!

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry you had a hard time yesterday. It is totally understandable to have a melt down every once in a while. I am so glad to hear your husband was able to connect with someone who could share similar experience. I think of you both often and am keeping you guys in my T&P. I am glad you are feeling better today. Lots of love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for your DH to have a guy someone to talk to now! Glad you're feeling better too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome - what perfect timing for your H's uncle to call! I'm glad you're feeling better today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from ICLW! I think it is such a godsend that his uncle called and they were able to share their stories and talk. Often times our husbands do not have anyone to talk to or someone that can relate and therefore they bottle it all up inside. Which is not good. So glad your hubby has someone he knows he can call when he needs too.

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when things fall into place in the universe. I'm sorry you are having a rough time. This is tough stuff. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful, FM :) I am glad that your husband was able to find some understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good story! So many people deal/have dealt with IF. You are not alone. Glad you both were encouraged by the conversation.

    (Happy ICLW!)

    ReplyDelete