Wednesday, February 26, 2014

We're ok. We're fine.

Together, my husband and I are a two. Not, you and me + baby = three. But you know what? That's okay.

I am often surprised by how much AF showing up can bring me to my knees. And am just as surprised by how powerful my husband and I are together and what we can make it through. Together. Even when there are only the two of us.

Standing in the kitchen this morning, with my husband's loving arms wrapped around me, tears streaming down my face, I was suddenly struck by the lyrics to The Indigo Girls song, "Power of Two" specifically the chorus:

"So, we're ok.
We're fine.
Baby I'm here to stop your crying.
Chase all the ghosts, from your head.
I'm stronger than the monsters beneath your bed.
Smarter than the tricks played on your heart,
We'll look at them together and we'll take them apart.
Adding up the total of a love that's true,
Multiply life by the power of two."

And ya know what? We ARE ok. We're fine. Even if a little one never comes into our lives, we are pretty awesome just the way we are.



1 comment: