Thursday, February 13, 2014

IUI #2


Phew! That sucked! I am SO happy IUI #2 is over. It went well, as far as the spermination and DH's numbers were awesome (104 mil with 90% motility) but my RE couldn't get the catheter in and it took a good ten minutes of poking and prodding to get that thing up there. He finally broke out the OB u/s wand so he could see what he was doing but at that point I was in excruciating pain! I was already having a lot of ovary sensitivity and pain, beginning prior to my monitoring u/s so that did not help matters at all. I spent the whole day, after my IUI, on the couch with a heating pad and had to endure stupid comments from DH about his super sperm. But today I am feeling much better, thankfully, although I am a bit crampy.

I have been doing a lot of research about multiple follicles and ovulation timing, because I swear I O'd on my right side on Tuesday night and on my left side yesterday afternoon (I had a follie on each side) and low and behold, that CAN happen! So, our IUI timing seems like it was pretty good, at least for that second follie. And DH and I BD'd Sunday night too so there's that! I was a little worried because my CM was all over the place, watery on Tuesday, then creamy, then watery Wednesday morning, then creamy last night but I think it is just because of the two follies releasing at different times and it is making my body all, WTF?

DH is very excited about this IUI. Which is actually making things a little harder on me. I feel a lot of pressure that I haven't felt in the past. For a long time, he was just kind of oblivious and while I would have liked a little more support, I knew that in his own time he would come around and be more involved. That's just how he is. He needs more time to process things in his mind before he is ok with talking about it. Now, he's opening up a lot and has even says cute things like, "Picture those swimmers making the way to your eggs" or "Think positive swimming thoughts, visualization can help, ya know?" while giving me little hugs and kisses. It is sweet, but scary. I have developed a thick skin. I have prepared myself for disappointment and when it hits, I am prepared. But he hasn't done that yet. He has finally moved into the excited stage and has yet to deal with the fall. I really don't want him to have to deal with it. I pray he won't have to.

So now, we wait. And hope. And pray. And dream...


6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I ovulated over 2 days when I got pregnant in June--miscarried in August--so it does happen and it does work! Good luck to you! By the way, your word choices amuse me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to hear from someone who actually experienced o-ing over the course of two days!

      Delete
  2. Good luck! Sounds like things went well :) Sorry about the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sperm numbers!!! Hope this is the cycle for you!

    ReplyDelete