Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fast Forward

When I started writing this blog, I thought I would write everything from beginning to end. But with work, life and IF, I just haven't had the time. I hope to go back and completely fill in all the blanks but for now I am just going to do a quick fast forward of what has happened and go from here!

July - Started my first cycle of Femara with a Pregnyl trigger shot, Pregnyl shot for LP support and timed intercourse. I decided that I wanted to give a few rounds of medication and good old fashioned baby dancing a chance before we moved on to an IUI. I also hoped that we would just get pregnant this way and wouldn't ever have to do anything else! It did not happen. I responded very well to the Femara. My lining was an 8 and I had one big ole follie at 29. Things looked good, until they didn't when I got a BIG FAT NEGATIVE (BFN) with the arrival of a very painful Aunt Flo (AF).

August - When I went in for my baseline ultrasound, I had too many follies to count and a big ole cyst. Fabulous. So my ovaries were in overdrive and I was on the bench. The doctor said we could try on our own, but since I'd been a failure at creating a tiny human for some time and I have been unable to create a mature egg, our chances were pretty much nil. I was pretty devastated. To finally be moving forward, to finally have some hope, only to be told to pump the brakes sucks a big one.

September - I called for my baseline ultrasound and got it all set up annnnnnnnnnnd then got a call back that the insurance company was lagging and that they hadn't given the go ahead for treatment. We are already 50% OOP (out of pocket) and going 100% just wasn't an option so I was cancelled for treatment.

October - At my baseline ultrasound, I already had three good looking follies on my right side (I should note that to date I have not produced any follies over 6 on my left side and when I had my saline u/s it was inconclusive as to whether or not my left tube was actually open). My follies were already 6, 9 and 11. This is excellent news! My RE put me on the same treatment plan: 5mg of Femara cycle days 4-8 then a monitoring u/s on cd 11 to find out when to trigger. Since my cycle is pretty short (25 days) I generally O (ovulate) around day 11 or 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment